It is important when working with a third party IT company that you have an onsite person from your organization who has full access to all your technology. It is also important to have any third party IT company fill out something similar to what we call the Network Notebook. Your onsite person should keep a copy of this information as well.
Some of the items in this Network Notebook are:
- How your network is configured
- Backdoor access to your network (for emergencies)
- Server and Workstation configuration
- Important software for your organization
- Who is your ISP service, account number, phone, etc.
- Who is your Hosting provider, and how to access them